We love Halloween here , it’s like an obsession! We decorate the house head to toe and like to go to as many Halloween events as we can. I have been searching the net for local events this year – enjoy!
Festival park – Terrifyingly tricky trail 29th – 31st October 11am- 3pm
Halloween trail to complete with a prize to win for every child.
Frightfully fun family activities – Blaenavon world heritage centre various dates from 30th October
• Tuesday 30th & Wednesday 31st Oct – Halloween Crafts £1 entry
• Thursday 1st Nov – Animal Handling with lizards, snakes & more. £3.50 per person per session.
11am-12pm – 1pm-2pm – 2.30pm-3.30pm Pre-booking essential. Tickets available at https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/266248
• Thursday 1st Nov – Story & Craft session in the Library at 2.30pm (pre-booking required). Free entry
• Halloween Treasure Hunt with prizes – all week. £1 entry.
Harry Potter day – Pontypool indoor market 10am-4pm
- As part of the Halloween celebrations in Pontypool. The Indoor Market will be hosting a Harry Potter Day.
- This will include craft and gift stalls, free art and craft and entertainment with a Harry Potter theme.
- There will also be a whole host of entertainment in the town centre brought to us by The Friends of Pontypool.
Spooky Halloween day – Blaenavon Iron works 26th-31st October from 11am
Spooky Halloween Day! Join in a Halloween-themed trail for a day of thrills and chills and complete our spooky trail through the Iron works. First 150 children to complete the trail win a prize. £2 per child for the trail. Free entry to site.
Spooky afternoon tea – Old railway line garden centre 29th and 30th October 4pm
Halloween Spooky Afternoon Tea – for families – Halloween themed cakes and sandwiches with a scary story and wander through the Halloween Walkway. There will also be a prize for the best child’s fancy dress and party bag for each child to take home.
Harry Trotter and the pumpkin patch – Cantref adventure farm Oct 27th – 4th Nov
- Harry Trotter’s Wizard School at Cantref you get to hop aboard the Cantref Express through Platform 9 and 6/8 to driving past the spooky forest and continue on your journey to marvel at the talking pumpkins. You then complete your wizard training at Wizard School with the star attraction Harry Trotter himself.
- Take a walk to see the Pumpkin Patch
- You can also get stuck in and carve your pumpkin before taking home to enjoy your creative delight. (Purchase a pumpkin from the barn together with a carving kit and tealight for £3.50)
- Halloween Bingo, Dress the Mummy,Pin the Nose on the Witch, Skeleton building & much more!!!
- Fancy Dress Competition
- A Spooky Prize for every paying child who enters the Frighfully Fun Treasure Hunt!
Pumpkin carving Duffryn gardens daily 27th-31st October 11am
Get creative and create your very own pumpkin ready for Halloween this autumn. With stencils, carving sets and helpers on hand to get you started. £4 per pumpkin, normal admission prices also apply. No pre-booking necessary.
Messy play Abergavenny – Abergavenny leisure centre Sunday 28th October 10.30-11.30
- Little ones can mix, pour, dig and explore, from ghostly mud to gory goo.
- Prizes to be won for the best fancy dress too!
Children’s Halloween party – The Greenhouse Llantarnham 31st October 5.30-7.30pm
- Halloween themed games set up around the garden, including:
- Doughnut bobbing from the tree
- Pumpkin miniature golf
- Mummy relay
- Creepy can toss
- A piñata!
- You can meet, greet and have your picture taken with the Devil himself with a trip to Hell and back .
- Price £6 per child – which also includes unlimited squash and a plate from the Halloween themed buffet food
Halloween Broomstick School – Llanyrafon Manor 30th and 31st October 10am
Take a trip to Broom Stick School – you will choose a broomstick to weave and then decorate with the resident Willow Weaving Witches- this will be within the marquees on the lawn.
A little one friendly Pumpkin Trail £1 per child.
A giant Room on The Broom Broomstick for photos and Pumpkin Rolling on the lawn. (no charge).
The price will be £7.50 per child and will be pay on the day.
I will be adding to this listing as I see new events pop up so keep an eye out.