Wake Up To Organic on 14 June 2017
Local stores nationwide dish up free organic breakfasts
Wake up and celebrate organic food with ‘Wake Up To Organic’ on Wednesday 14 June 2017. Independent stores across the country will be serving up free organic mini breakfasts to showcase the range of delicious organic food and drink they have to offer, demonstrating just how simple it can be to make the switch to organic.
Local stores – independent retailers, delicatessen’s, farm shops – and cafés are opening their doors, to host a mix of cookery demos, talks from chefs and bloggers, free organic tastings and tips for easy and tasty breakfast food swaps, as well as opportunities to meet local producers.
The UK’s appetite for organic food is growing, as people become more aware of the benefits to the environment and of knowing what’s in their food. ‘Wake Up To Organic’ hopes to encourage more people to try organic, and breakfast is a great place to start!
5 reasons to try organic
1. Better for nature: Organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. It’s a way of farming that protects and encourages wildlife whilst looking after the health of the soil.
2. Better for the planet. Organic farms use fewer pesticides and support up to 50% more wildlife.
3. Better for animal welfare. Organic means free-range. Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
4. Know what’s in your food. When it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned in organic farming.
5. It’s tasty. Organic farmers rely on developing a 2healthy, fertile soil to grow a mixture of crops that are bursting with flavour – so foods taste great!
From Edinburgh to Manchester, Norwich, London and Bristol there’ll be lots of chances to try a delicious organic breakfast – to find your local place to grab a free breakie on 14 June check this link out. Share your favourite organic breakfast recipe with #WakeUpToOrganic.
We were sent some lovely Organic goodies to try. The ankle biters loved the puffed rice for breakfast and Mummy loved the coffee. Nothing better than good quality Organic coffee. The Pip Organic fruity water was a massive hit too.
Our favourite Organic recipe here is Organic Banana pancakes with Organic strawberries.
Organic Banana Pancakes
2 Free range eggs
2 Organic bananas
- Mash the bananas and then mix with the eggs to create a batter
- Pour a small amount of the mixture in to a pan with a little pre heated organic olive oil
- Cook on both sides until golden and there you have it yummy organic pancakes
- Top with Organic strawberries