How to plan a trip to Paris with kids?
Paris is indeed a hot touristic destination and is visited by hundreds and thousands of tourists every year. The French Capital is indeed one of the fantastic cities in the world that is renowned for its historical heritage and fashion as well as great food.
Paris with kids? Well, thankfully, as Paris is a child-friendly city, you can certainly go ahead and plan a great holiday threw with your family. The relatively small city is quite walkable and has plenty of parks and gardens where you can easily stop and take rest. Just explore this Paris travel blog to learn how to plan the trip and look for activities suitable for all ages. There is plenty to do and see here apart from the Eiffel Tower and the world-famous Louvre museum.
Here are some advice and tips on how to enjoy the top experiences in Paris with your family and kids.
- Plan in advance and rent an apartment if looking forward to a great family vacation in Paris. You and your kids will love the feel of a home while abroad, as you can cook your meals and feel at ease.
- Be open to the Paris your child wants to see and explore and do not go by rigid itineraries. The idea is to remain flexible and go with the flow when planning a family trip to the city.
- Thankfully, the majority of the famous sights of Paris are concentrated in a small area and are conveniently located near each other. Thus, it means that you can cover more in less time.
- Kids are naturally inquisitive and would like to explore more but are likely to get tired and cranky. So, includes spots on your daily trip where you can rest and refuel, such as cafes and gardens.
- It is a good idea to take one of those hop-on-hop-off bus tours that take you to the major sites of the city. This is a great way to see most of those iconic sites, and the best part is that you can get off wherever you want.
- Always include some picnic activities in any of the parks and gardens of the city. In fact, the city boasts of some of the finest and most expansive green parts where you can spend quality time with your kids.
- Introduce your kids to the delicious goodies of Paris, and there are plenty of yummy sweets your children would love to taste, such as crepes, chocolates, pastries, macarons, and ice creams.
Major points of interest for your kids
Create life-long memories with your family and make the best of those attractions and tours. Here are some options:
- Disneyland Paris- Explore the Disneyland Park and the Walt Disney Studios Park, which are very similar to the Magic Kingdom located in California. Children would love to explore the classic Disney Park and its shopping area known as The Disney Village.
- Eiffel Tower – Buy tickets to scale the heights of Paris, and it is a must to see the most iconic monument in the city. Enjoy marvelous views of other famous monuments from the top and the whole of Paris.
- Louvre Museum- Take a tour of the Louvre Museum to look at hundreds and thousands of artworks, including paintings, sculpture, and architecture. It is a good idea to take a guided walking tour with your family.
- Seine River cruise – Ensure a memorable night out with your family in Paris as you enjoy a cruise along the Seine River and look at the city and its iconic sites from a different perspective.
There could be many more sites of interest added to the above list, but one can go and make a good start with the ideas given above.