*This is a sponsored post.
If your anything like us then you will have family all over. We have family in Wales but also dotted all over England. When Christmas comes there are always many road trips planned for different family gatherings.
It’s always good to make sure the car is checked over and prepare for long road trips anytime but even more so in the winter. There are many things that need to be taken in to consideration when planning.
Firstly the car has to be 100 percent reliable if not maybe it’s time to consider something that is. I came across cars.com and they have so many reasonable and reliable cars on offer. James likes to do a mini service on the car and make sure all is in working order and the water and oil are filled up.
I also like to be prepared for traffic jams and the possibility of something going wrong – I take these simple steps to ensure we are prepared.
- Pack plenty of water
- pack snacks that do not need to be kept in the fridge
- Pack some toys and things to keep the little ones entertained
- Pack some blankets for everyone and extra layers of clothes
- Always good to have a first aid kit and medicines in case anyone falls ill
- Pack some basic tools and a shovel in case of snow
- Always have a spare tyre
Hope this helps anyone planning a road trip and happy and safe travel wishes over the holiday season.