So half term approached and after seven weeks of school both of my children’s shoes were worn down, broken and ready for the bin. Start-Rite contacted me and asked if we would like to put their school shoes to the test.
I sat down with Archie and Frankie and we looked at the site to look at designs and chose some shoes. There were some gorgeous designs Frankie settled on the Leapfrog black leather rip tape T-bar priced £44.99. Archie chose the Tarantula black leather rip tape style priced £44.99.
Start-Rite have an 3d app which allows you to measure your children’s feet which is great as we do not have a local Start-Rite store. We had to print out a guide to use to measure their feet and then use the converter to get the right size.
The app was great with many handy features-
- 3d measure function
- You can shop the full site collection in the app
- My family feature this allows you to track and save your children’s shoe sizes as they grow. It also sets up reminders that tell you when to measure thier feet.
The shoes arrived via next day delivery which was great as it meant they were here in time to go back to school after the holiday. The shoes were fantastic quality and as shown on the site. They also fitted as they should have.
Frankie absolutely loved these and said they are really comfy.
- Breathable leather linings
- cushioned insoles
- Padded ankles
- Added scuff bumper to the toe
- Easily adjustable t-bar rip tape fastening
- Soft black leather with punch detailing
Archie loved these and the design, he calls them his Spider man shoes.
Main features are –
- Hard wearing school shoe with flexible sole
- Cool spider and web detailing
- Soft black leather with cushioned foot bed
- Padded ankle for extra comfort
- Heel and toe protection helps to minimise scuffing
We are overall really impressed with the shoes and looking forward to putting them to the test to see how they square up to school shoes we have had in the past. I will be updating you in a few weeks time via social media to let you know how we have been getting on with the new shoes.
*We were sent both pairs of these shoes for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.